Thursday 22 January 2009

Saturdays Adventures

The colossal squid has caught the world's attention, and no wonder - since 1925, only two of nine adult specimens reported have been complete. Come face to face with Te Papa's amazing specimen: 4.2 metres long and weighing 495 kilograms - nearly half a tonne!

We finally got around to going to Te Papa to see this Colossal Squid.
(Not a squid or octapus - COLOSSAL SQUID).
The photo above is the very top of the Squid.



It wasn't as creepy as I thought it would be. And it didn't move!
It was quite busy there, but it is a pretty new exhibit.
His lovely legs!
His eyeballs are the size of footballs!



A couple days later, we received some belated Christmas pressies from A&S.

Momma opened her birthday pressie last.


A little cutie, who can't decide if he's a boy or girl.


I will make sure that I get some great photos over the weekend.
Hopefully we'll be out skating!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

hmmm, that's just a tad bit creepy. Can you imagine swimming at the beach and looking through the water and seeing one of those?? Yikes! I was once swimming in Catalina when I saw a sting ray (or some other kind of ray) that was twice the size of me!! Screamed like a manic. I was 10 at the time, so it was twice the size of me then, not now.... but I'm not sure that would make it any much better. :)