Monday 13 April 2009

A Journey to the Center of The Earth - In Review

Friday 10th April
We left Thorndon, Wellington at about 10am and drove up the middle of the country to Taupo, arriving at about 4pm.



Saturday 11th
We left Taupo to head up to Rotorua. On the way we stopped at this Hidden Valley Thermal Park. This was very cool to see. You could feel the heat coming from the water.
But sulphur smells! And it was a hot day! The mud pools were really amazing to see. Just lots of blob...blob...blob....

Tonight, for dinner I was given pine nuts in my pasta! Yuck! Nothing in the menu suggested pine nuts! So I took a dozen pills and got some soy milk and ginger beer when we got back to the hotel. In case you didn't know, I am allergic to nuts and seeds. My throat/tongue swells a little and my stomach starts trying to kill me!! I only had half my meal before I noticed the pine nut. So I wasn't that ill this time.


Sunday 12th
Happy Easter! I went outside for some fresh air while everyone was getting dressed and all these little kids and their parents were walking back to the hotel. Of course, it was an Easter Egg hunt. (I've never hunted for Easter Eggs). One of the hotel workers coming back with the little unfound eggs gave one to all the adults.

After breakfast we went to....

STARBUCKS


Heaven in a venti cup!

And walked back to the hotel via the Free Access Thermal Park. Lots of steam and a few mud pools.

We headed to the market near the lake, then back to the hotel for lunch.

Our hunt for the Buried Village begins! The Buried Village was buried after a Volcanic Eruption in 1886.

Monday 13th


The long drive home.
And not missing the smell of sulphur!

1 comment:

kiwigirl said...

The pictures are amazing. Glad you had good time.